Sunday, October 05, 2008

Home Depot Adventure



Yesterday we took a family trip to the local Home Depot to find a wood dowel for me to make "spirit sticks" for cheer. I was down one aisle and had found them with the girls. Meanwhile, Dave had wandered over to the adjacent aisle and was looking for them there. The next thing I know, Dave had put on this HUGE tool belt and is dancing in it. I can see that there is a guy in the same aisle about 20 feet from Dave walking toward him...but Dave didn't see him. So I am just dying laughing and he thinks we are laughing at his "funniness" so he keeps dancing and swirling his hips and this guy is watching now and laughing too. By this time, I'm laughing so hard I couldn't talk so I just start pointing at the guy who is now right behind him. Dave turns his head and quietly takes off the belt and puts it back in its place where it never should have left. The guy who observed it all quickly and quietly walked away, but I saw him snickering.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh, that is funny. I could picture it in my head, and it made it that much better.

Nan said...

That is so funny. It's great when you can just let it all go and laugh.

WX Ences said...

I LOVE THOSE MOMENTS!!!!

I wish you were here too, to help with the kids and just be here to help me adjust...I could really use a friend.

I hate being in new places and being the outsider looking in (which sounds even lamer because I only moved five miles from home, but it might as well be a different country)...I'm anxious and worried about finding my place. You would think that is something we out grow...I haven't yet. Wish me luck...

Jamie Harris said...

Hey it is your cousin, Jamie, I found your blog by reading Dave Riddle's. I was laughing so hard at your Home Depot story. My husband would do the same thing and I just walk away and act like I don't know him.. I'm a brat like that. Your girls are so cute. I hope you guys are all doing well! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm just waiting for Dave to be on YouTube. The security department must of had a good laugh! mom